News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Drug interactions between pills (cipralex and another)?

matrix_a - Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:58 am

Hi,

I'm taking "Cipralex" pill every day for a 1 month, and I want to try some penis enlargement pills of some company called vigrxplus.
and I needed to know for sure if could be any bad interactions or dangerous by taking them both simultaneously.

the penis enlargement pills are consist of the following herbal:

BIOPERINEĀ®
PIPER NIGRUM L

DAMIANA
TURNERA APHRODISIACA

TRIBULUS TERRESTRIS
PUNCTURE VINE

EPIMEDIUM LEAF EXTRACT
EPIMEDIUM SAGITTATUM

CUSCUTA SEED EXTRACT
SEMEN CUSCUTAE

GINKGO BILOBA LEAF
GINKGOACEAE

ASIAN RED GINSENG
PANAX GINSENG

SAW PALMETTO BERRY
FRUCTUS SERENOAE

MUIRA PAUMA BARK EXTRACT
PTYCHOPETALUM OLACOIDES

CATUABA BARK EXTRACT
ERYTHROXYLUM CATUABA

HAWTHORN BERRY
FRUCTUS CRATAEGI

I really need to know for sure, because it's not a game. and i'm shy to ask my doctor that question.

Thanks a lot!
 Dr. K. Eisele - Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:22 pm

User avatar Dear matrix_a:

Before I answer your question, I must first state that the use of herbal/natural products can be, well, unpredictable, because these products are not regulated by any supervisory agency. There may be impurities in the product, which may have inconsistent concentrations of the active ingredient from one serving to another.

Now, my best estimate is that the ginkgo biloba (GB) would be the best choice. This is because GB increases blood flow, everywhere. It should also be complimentary to the Cipralex, because of the increase in blood flow everywhere, including the brain, thereby helping concentration and general cognitive function. In depression, cognitive functions tend to be depressed as well.

Good Luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright Ā© 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here