Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Zyprexa side effects

nastursim - Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:19 am

I am currently taking 5mg of Zyprexa and 250mg of Luvox for depression, OCD and PTSD. Iam also 15 weeks pregnant. I have noticed that i have A LOT of swelling in my ankles legs and feet. I have never experienced this in any pregnancy before and never this early. I have been reading that swelling can be a side effect of Zyprexa. Is this dangerous and would this be the cause?? I am finding it difficult to bend down and get up from the floor because of the size of my legs.
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:53 pm

User avatar Dear nasturism
Both zyprexa and luvox can cause edema, so these two agents may have contributed to your leg swelling.

Leg swelling, like you said is very common during pregnancy. Therefore, it is really hard to say that your leg swelling is due to either of the agents, both agents, or your pregnancy.
I would recommend that you bring it up to the attention of your physician during your next visit and i wish you a safe & joyful pregnancy.

thank you very much and remain blessed

|