News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: personality/anti-social

emma08 - Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Hi,

I don't know what to do. i think i might have one of the above conditions. I don't go out socially with friends as i always make up excuses why i cant. If i know i have to go out i will have to build myself up to it for days. When i have to go out my mind goes everywhere as it just panics me. its not just going out though, i am like that at home. i keep to my bedroom when i can.
I get easily angry and aggressive if people start to question why i am not at work etc- as i have made excuses up.
I havent told anyone about it but i don't know what else to do.
 Tim W Latsko - Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:18 am

Emma,

You are headed in the right direction, I am glad that you decided to post. It sounds like you are suffering from an anxiety disorder. The good news is that anxiety disorders are very responsive to medication and psychotherapy. Given your description it seems like now is a good time to schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist for a complete psychiatric evaluation. The psychiatrist will likely refer you to a therapist for talk-therapy following his evalaution. You can do this, you no longer need to experience this type of anxiety, you have taken the first step, by posting, now have a psychiatric evaluation and begin talk therapy.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Tim

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here