Question: personality/anti-social

emma08 - Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:52 pm

I don't know what to do. i think i might have one of the above conditions. I don't go out socially with friends as i always make up excuses why i cant. If i know i have to go out i will have to build myself up to it for days. When i have to go out my mind goes everywhere as it just panics me. its not just going out though, i am like that at home. i keep to my bedroom when i can.
I get easily angry and aggressive if people start to question why i am not at work etc- as i have made excuses up.
I havent told anyone about it but i don't know what else to do.
 Tim W Latsko - Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:18 am

Emma,

You are headed in the right direction, I am glad that you decided to post. It sounds like you are suffering from an anxiety disorder. The good news is that anxiety disorders are very responsive to medication and psychotherapy. Given your description it seems like now is a good time to schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist for a complete psychiatric evaluation. The psychiatrist will likely refer you to a therapist for talk-therapy following his evalaution. You can do this, you no longer need to experience this type of anxiety, you have taken the first step, by posting, now have a psychiatric evaluation and begin talk therapy.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Tim

|