Question: Strangest and most unique sleeping disease ever seen

HamannNY - Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:12 am

Since about 8 years old i have had the most uniqe sleeping disease in the world ...I have no idea how it came to it but the last memory associated with this disease is my grandmother telling me that it is not a bad thing to do (when i was 8-9). Now imagine while going to sleep(only in the bed) moving your head from from 0-90 degrees every two seconds for about 15 minutes...YEA... when normally people are awake they can listen to music with no emotions when i listen to my music and do that" especially while im goin to sleep i can almost dream and i have control over it . Im a normal guy have graduated from high school with good scores (while doing that) and since i came to the states it has upgraded i used to do that everyday afterschool for an hour - dreaming and having total control of my dreams ....i know it cant last forever so i put an end to it 3 weeks ago - it hAS BEEN REAL TOUGH TO STOP BECAUSE IT BECAME AN ADDICTION AFTER SO MUCH TIME however i still do that in my sleep every other night (ONLY IN MY ROOM never when im with other people)EVEN THO I KNOW IT WILL STOP AFTER A WHILE
 Tim W Latsko - Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:23 am

Interesting, your dreams sound very intersting and most likely a therapist or psychologist who specializes in dream work would likely be able to assist you in the interpretation of your experience while initiating sleep and having control in your dreams.

Good luck and if you are having difficulty intiating or maintaining a healthy sleep pattern contact your family physician. Otherwise, exercise proper sleep hygiene and create an environemnt before bed that is relaxing and familiar to you.

tim

|