Question: Sick of Feeling Sick!

Worried_Mom1 - Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:21 am

I'm a 20 year old women..and I'm just so confused on what I should do with my body feeling this way. I'm young and I'm sick everyday all day long. I can't sleep. I always rush to the doctor when something is wrong. I feel nauseated ,constant Headache, dizzy, almost feel like I'm gonna faint and like I can't breath all the time..My finger tips tingle and so do my toes. I also feel pains in my stomach and really sharp pains in my kidneys.Sometimes I even run a fever. I have looked up "anxiety" because my family has a history of this, But I just feel like this is not my problem and I so badly want to know.My boyfriend is going crazy hearing me say "I'm sick" Constantly are relationship is falling apart. I'm worried and I have a 5 month old son I just don't want this to rub off on him..He needs his mother right now and I'm just worried all the time, and sick! So I'm asking someone please to help with my question on some possibility's on what this could be. I need something to help this It's really reflecting on my life. Thank you very much...
Worried mom1
 Dr. E. Seigle - Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:04 pm

Worrried Mom_1,

It does sound like you may well have an anxiety disorder known as panic disorder, with typical symptoms such as shortness of breath, dizziness and tingling. Your other symptoms may be related as well. I would suggest that you have both a thorough general exam by your family doctor to exclude conditions that may mimic panic disorder (such as a thyroid problem) and also get a psychiatric evaluation to look at the possibility of panic disorder, other anxiety disorders and other conditions that frequently go along with these such as depression.
This should help you to get a diagnosis for your symptoms and then develop the appropriate treatment plan. Treatment for anxiety disorders include cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy, anti-anxiety medication or both. They are very effective treatments. Good luck!

-Eliot Seigle MD
 baci123 - Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi, Worried Mom

I hope you didn't mind me replying im not a DR. or Pshychiatrist but when i read your post it reminded me so much of me and how i constantly tell everyone every day that i don't feel good or i feel sick its so annoying and for 2 years now i don't think i ever said i feel great or i feel good today....i never feel normal and i haven't for 2 years i look and see people saying they haven't felt good for 15 years and that really scares me because i can't believe i have come so far with all my symptoms in these 2 years and 15 years to deal with something like this omg i don't even want to imagine it....i to get weird symptoms like a rush of heat in my chest, cold hands, sweaty hands, cold nose and feet, dizzy spells, always tired, poor sleep, muscle aches and pains, head feeling like its going to explode, weak, and just over all afraid of all this...so you are not alone and i feel that my relationship with my boyfriend is going to come to and end as well because he is getting so sick of me never wanting to do anything because im afraid of what will happen to me and because i never feel good and he's sick of hearing me complain....i know your pain i really do and i hope you get well!!!! I also pray every night hoping that god will listen and help me out...i no he's listening but its just not my time yet im guessing other people in the world need him more....just be fortunate you have a healthy baby....i wish you luck and i'll pray for you!
 Lizzie1991 - Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:42 am

Hi ive been feeling sick alot in the mornings but i am not pregnant i also need to urinate more what could this be?
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Hello, Lizzie1991,

There are many things that could be causing your difficulties; the first thing that comes to mind is that you should see your doctor to determine if you have a bladder or uninary tract infection. These are common and readily treatable. A physical examination is always a good place to start. If you doctor is unable to find a physical cause for your problem, ask him or her to evaluate you for anxiety, or to refer you to a psychologist for the evaluation. I hope this is helpful to you.

Good luck!

|