News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Paxil and drug test?

jack2626 - Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:02 am

I have to take an 10 panel immunoassay gs/ms confirm w/nit (drug test). I am currently on 20mg of paroxetine and do NOT want to disclose this info to my employer. Will or can the drug show up? SSRI's are not one of the drugs they are looking for..Test looks for thc,cocaine,benzos,barbituates,amphet,propox,methane,methaqualade(sp),codeine,mmda
ethyl alcohol, and maybe tricyclics....
If they run the gs/ms can they find the paxil? Will it cause a false positive? Thanks!
 Dr. E. Seigle - Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:33 am

Hi jack2626,

I am not an expert on this, but I am reasonably certain that Paxil will not show up on a drug of abuse test. It is not in any of the chemical categories measured by the drug of abuse tests. I think that you can rest easy on this one!

-Eliot Seigle MD

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here