Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Effexor Questions

spacejam - Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:43 pm

I stopped taking 40mg of Paxil cold turkey for 7 days. I have been taking 37.5 mg of Effexor for 5 days ( after the original 7days were done ).Is there anything I can do about the dizziness and the nausea? Does it go away eventually? I am about to start taking 75mg mg Effexor in a couple of days. Is this going to get worse?
 Dr. E. Seigle - Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:14 pm

Dear spacejam,

Some time has gone by since you made your posting. How is it going with the Effexor? Do you have any questions now? Is it helping you to feel better. If and when you go off of the Effexor, know that this must be tapered very gradually, over a period of one to two months, or else you can feel quite sick.

good luck! -E. Seigle MD

|