Question: Do I have a personality disorder

rduvall45 - Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:58 pm

I have up and left my wife on numerous occassions. I leave one day and want to be rid of her, and the next day, sometimes within hours I regret what I have done. this last time I just didn't come home one night. She was out looking for me and ask me what i was doing, i told her i was looking for a place to sleep for the night. I told her my ex-wife had offered her couch, which was a lie. I proceeded to say things to her that were hurtful and cut her heart deep.
I've done this so many times and I don't know what makes me do it. I see a therapist for a sexual addiction as in my previous marriage I was heavily into infidelity the entire marriage. i have slept with my exwife during my current marriage during the times when i was separated from my current wife. the last time was a little over a year ago. I've thougth at times i wanted my exwife back, but I start thinking about what a wonderful woman for a wife I have now. i love her and i've never had anyone treat me as wonderfully as she does and i continue to keep hurting her and I don't know how to stop this. All she wants is my honesty and for me to put her first above everyone else except for God.
I told my wife i was a compulsive liar and she said that she could not live with that, but she continues to take me back. I slept in my truck the night I didnt' come home. She is beginning to reach out for attention from another man when I tear her down with all the mean and cruel things I say to her. I don't want to hurt her and I still want to be married to her.
Do you think there is something seriously psychologically wrong with me.
 Tim W Latsko - Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:52 am

I'd like for to consider meeting with someone who specializes in treating victims of sexual abuse vice sexual addiction, as your profile states you were sexually abuse. That abuse does not excuse your treatment (emotional abuse) of your wife but may be a good place ot start. Good luck..Tim

|