Question: has my friend got a personality disorder

kazza26 - Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:32 pm

this is last question il ask for a while other wise il drive you mad

i have a friend who i am convinced has some form of personality disorder mayve borderling a sociopath,,she has done alot of bad things to me and others and people have asked me why i still remain friends with her,part of it is because i feel sorry for her part of it is she can be nice

she seems to do things for pleasure,like once she paid a hacker to hack my computer and we was still friends at this point she did it because she said thought it be funny i said oh yes dead funny,be even funnier if i turned up at yours with a sledge hammer to smash your computer in,the only good point about that is she paid someone who claimed to be a hacker but wasnt so she lost money,,i really don't get why she would do this,she showed no remorse for it at all

shes studyin to be a psychologist and says its just to find out about herself not to help others,she goes to this chatroom for people with depression and she pretends to care for people and they tell her stuff in private and she posts all the info on her blog page under the name mutha ###### which shes taken down now after i exposed her,,,maybe i shouldnt of but i asked her to take it down she was being very nasty about peoples mental and physical conditions

shes highly manipultive and plays people against one another,she said at school she loved turning people against each other and she had this one friend who she used to beat up all the time if her mate dared look at anyone else

she likes to control her mates,i have a friend called mark who ive known longer then she has,,i introduced them and she went to his,i asked why after why he didnt invite me,he said i did,i asked her 2 bring u and she said u didnt wanna come,,i asked her about this and she said he is my mate not yours,i don't like my mates meeting each other,i was like are you crazy whats with he is your mate like you known each other years,,i knew him before you

oh and she admitted to me she only saw friends as objects to use

and shes very good at making herself to look the victim,like if she calls someone a cow for no reason she will twist it around that its that persons fault,,,she is blind in one eye and often uses that as an excuse

but she does have good points which is probley why am still her friend,she can be kind mind u its only if ur doing something she wants

she likes being centre of attention but not in the in your face type,,she does it by sulking,,like other day i invited some of my mates 2 meet me and her at club,she was perfectly fine happy and laughing until my mates came and she stopped talkin completly one of my mates said 2 her cheer up and she ran out crying,she told me its because she gets shy ,but one of my mates said no it isnt,its coz she wasnt centre of attention
 Dr. E. Seigle - Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Dear kazza26,

It sounds like your friend is displaying to you some self-centered behaviors and patterns of using others for her own needs, that are consistent with what we call Cluster B Personality traits. This cluster of personality traits (disorders when they are severe and longstanding) involves individuals with narcissistic, antisocial (what you are likely calling sociopathic) and "borderline" personality strutures. These traits or disorders tend to be dramatic, erratic, outgoing, self-centered, and engaging in dysfunctional relationships in which the other person is not treated like a full, whole individual, with feelings with which they feel compassion.

To diagnose a personality disorder, one must display the criteria-based pattern of behaviors over their lifetime, in a variety of settings, and in such a way as it causes serious dysfunction. These individuals often have childhoods that have been quite painful, traumatic, neglectful, or otherwise quite dysfunctional.

I hope I have answered your questions.

-E. Seigle MD
 kazza26 - Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:02 am

yes you have helped me thanks,i knew she had some sort of a personality disorder maybe i should consider a career as a psychiatrist

|