Question: Possible Paraniod Personality Disorder??

swatsnpr4 - Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:03 am

Sir/Mama, i am currently have a hard time keeping my relationship together due my what i think is paranoia, i always think that she is cheating on me or talking sexually to another guy, i am teriified at times and its hard for me we already broke up twice and got back together because we both love each other but the fear is always there no matter how hard i try it always seems to slide through i feel that i have two brains and the switch off and on at one moment we can be perfect nothing can go wrong and then she gets a phone call or text message and i get sick to my stomach i feel as if she is always talking to another guy or someone that is going to take my place. i feel that i need help but i am worried that i am just not going to get an answer or someone will use this against me somewhere down the line. i worry about everything. i have done a little research and believe i may suffer from Paranoid Personality Disorder. i am only 19 years old going on twenty i can't live this way
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
 Dr. E. Seigle - Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:37 pm

Dear swatsnpr4,

You deserve credit for your courage to discuss this; help is available for you. First, you should see a psychiatrist for an evaluation so that you are correctly diagnosed as to what appears to be jealous paranoia that you are having regarding your partner. The condition that is causing this may be what is called a Delusional Disorder, jealous type, and less likely is Paranoid Personality (people with this are paranoid in many or most situations and about many different issues, not just jealousy of one's partner), and unlikely also are other conditions such as Schizophrenia. But, get an assessment from a reputable psychiatrist, and you can receive help with a combination of medication and talk therapy. You can ask your primary care doctor for the name of a psychiatrist, or call your local hospital. Good luck!

-Eliot Seigle MD
 swatsnpr4 - Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:07 pm

Doctor,
Not only do i do what i previously stated, but, i over analze things, i over think, and i go very deep into anything. i seem to have a problem with understanding. i do not know if its the way i grew up or just my personality. it seems the only way i can understand most things is by comparison. i use analogies with almost every sentence. i have since lost the relationship i previously had due to this problem of mine but it was true. everything i had found in my investigations before did turn up to be correct. as i expected she did cheat on me twice, with her ex, who threw her and her belongs out, AND a kid from her cell bio class at her college who two days after our break up is now her current boy friend.

i feel as if i may investigate to deeply paying attention to detail alittle TOO well. i do not know how to react to this.

is there some kind of test that i can take online to help me figure out what could possibly be wrong? i fear going to get personal help due to my job i have to much to lose.

|