Question: kidnapped and raped in a very young age

pain2hurt - Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:39 am

to start with my question i have to say these words at first just to clear for you the image of what real misery is.
am 22 am an arab female and i don't believe in any religion.
I was kidnapped and raped at age 13 i lost everything after that, my studies, my life and myself i tried to get on my feet again after all these years but i couldnt because of a father that reminds me of it every time i speak to him and a mother that takes it a joke, my sisters treats me like a bitch and more and more
i found a job in different country and i just started a new life but i cant be happy i don't feel that i was released from the pain that is stuck in me i still cry everynight like before i cant laught or smile from the bottom of my heart i still hate my life and i wish to die everyday but i don't know why still it didnt happen after an attemt to kill myself so many times.
i have a boyfriend who really loves me but i love him sometimes and hate him all the time, for these days he decided to come live with me but a part of me don't want him here next to me i feel that he will destroy my life please i need help how can i feel releif how can i not blame anyone and not be angry all the time??? my question is How can i be happy from the insideout???
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:59 pm

User avatar Hi pain2hurt,
First let me say how sorry I am that you had to endure such a traumatic experience. This is traumatic at any age. I would strongly encourage you to seek professional counseling. There are many programs available to help women overcome an experience such as yours. Negative responses by people such as joking, reminding, or ill treatment in general, are typically because they don't understand nor know how to deal with it. Regardless of whether or not you have religious beliefs, I believe people are placed on this earth for a reason even if we don't understand what our purpose is. The evidence that you are still here, after your experience including your attempts at suicide, would if nothing else be proof of that. In order to be relieved of the anger, among the other emotions that I am sure you have encountered, you first have to realize that it is not your fault that this occured. If you come to this realization you can start the healing process. I again would encourage you to seek professional counseling, besides your self healing you may be placed in a position were you can initiate the healing of another. I hope this has been somewhat helpful and you have my best wishes.

|