Question: depresion and daily anxiety attacks.......

papuca - Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:16 am

Hi, I am seeking for help.....
My first panick attack was 3 years ago at age 25. For one year or maybe more after this, I have suffered from this meaning : I was scared to swallow my food or drink, I was feeling dizzy and breathless everyday,etc. But at one point everything stoped until this august.... when I had a major panick attack and since then I have a non stop depresion.... My panick attacks come back almost everyday now and the depresion doesn't stop... I have to mention that I drink, everyday after work but not in big quantaties but I do it everyday, it helps me calm down.
Where I am living there is no psyhiatry doctor,only far away.... Do I need to see one? Am I going crazy? Is there any treatment for this ??
Please help as I feel like I'm at the end of my power.......
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:01 pm

Your condition is treatable. It would be best to see a Psychiatrist, but since that may not be an option for you, you should see a physician about your symptoms. It would help the physician if you are able to identify what was happening in your life when you had the first panic attacks, and what was happening in your life when everything stopped and then restarted. There are multiple anti-anxiety and anti-depression medications that your doctor might use to help you. The doctor may also decide to use some behavior suggestions to help decrease your panic attacks. Using alcohol is not really effective, and must be avoided when you receive medications from your doctor. With proper treatment, you will start feeling better soon.

Faye Lang, RN, MSW

|