Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: night sweats...from the Paxil?

packerfan - Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:58 pm

I have been experiencing night sweats for the past week or so (bad to the point where I wake up and my shirt is drenched). I have been on 20 mg of Paxil for the past 3 years, and have recently began taking a higher dose of 30 mg. Is it possible that the increase in the Paxil is what is causing my night sweats? Thank you.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:17 pm

Hello Packerfan,

Increased sweating is a known side effect of Paxil, and it could be the increase in dosage is resulting in your night sweats. However, there are other conditions that could also cause the sweating, so it's important for you to ask your physician so he or she can rule out other causes if necessary.

Good luck to you.
Faye RN, MSW

|