News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Herbal Drug Interaction

katporche - Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:06 pm

I have high blood pressure. I take: Lisinopril 20mg, and Toprol XL 100 mg. I was taking Geodon for depression . I stopped over 2 months ago. I was taing chantix for my spoking, but it made me sick, so I stopped it about a month ago. I smoke from 6 to 8 cigaretts a day. Q: I have a very low Libito. Will taking Kanna,(Sceletium Tortuosum) ?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:35 pm

User avatar Hello,
The problem is we have limited information about dietary and herbal supplements. They are not regulated or studied the same as other medications are so data is minimal and in most cases we can't say how they interact with other drugs. You should discuss this with your prescribing physician.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here