Question: major depression

leykoka - Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:14 am

recently my boyfriend sort of dumped me coz i lied to him...n its drivin me nuts since i love him like crazy...wats botherin me is tht i hav been hurtin myself...i have cut myself more than 50 times since yesterday...n i cant help smoking...it doesnt calm me, bt i do it coz it shortens my life...and i have suicidal thoughts...i am scared i mite do somethin which i cant live to regret...i don't know what to do anymore, i feel i am goin crazy...is there anythin i can do to keep myself calm?
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:59 pm

You sound very distressed. It's unfortunate that you are currently broken up with your boyfriend, which has added stress to your overall function. Since you are cutting so often without relief, and smoking to harm yourself, the best action you can take is to visit your local Mental Health clinc or your attending physician. If you are not taking an antidepressant, it is very important that you ask your doctor about one. There are many that could help you be less distressed and help you to be calmer. Make an appointment as soon as possible, and tell the person helping you with the appointment that your problem is urgent and that you are having suicidal thoughts. Perhaps when you feel better, you can talk with your boyfriend again to see if you can resume your relationship. If the answer is no, you will be feeling better and will be better able to deal with your situation. It may help you to picture yourself in your favorite spot, as next to a lake or river, and relax and enjoy the surrounding sounds and textures that are in your memory. Focus on taking slow deep breaths.
Good luck to you.

|