Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Paxil - Side Effects

mikky - Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:27 am

Ive recently been prescribed Paxil 20mg, Im a 1st time anti-depressant user. Im feeling tired and fatigued, nauseous and my head just feels fuzzy.

Ive only been on for 3 days and originally doctor said to take in the morning but change it if I felt that I was getting tired during the day. So I switched to taking it at night but the symptoms are still there.

Im due to see him in 2 weeks time to check how things are going but I don't think I can live with these side effects for 2 weeks. Should they disappear? Or should I go and see him sooner?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:08 am

Frequently it takes a couple of weeks for your body to adjust to a new medication like this. I would give it at least that long to see if it gets better. All too often people give up on a medication prematurely when time would take care of the problem. If this doesn't work there are lots of other alternative meds to try but you have the same potential for adjustment with those as well. I'm glad your doctor has you coming back at that time for evaluation. Good luck in finding the right treatment.

|