News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: I think I'm depressed

lauramann - Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:13 pm

I don't sleep atall at night. Most nights I'm up to 6 in the morning then do not get out of bed untill 4 or 5pm but I am still tired. I just feel like crying all the time and I do most nights. I cry alot about my dad. I don't understand why because he died when I was 9 and I am 18 now. I feel to stupid to tell people because I know I should be over it by now. I'm sick of feeling worthless and sometimes I just think It would be better if I wasn't here. I've also started eating all the time I've put on about a stone in weight I'm now huge at 5ft 4 and 11.10 stone. I also lost my job and so when I do get out of my bed I'm just sitting about while everyone is out working. I just feel like a waste of space and I never want to go out and see my friends anymore I just want to stay in bed I feel safe there. Please don't tell me to go and see my doctor I tried to a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't do it I ended up telling him I was stressed then I ran out of the room early in tears. I just wish I could be myself again I hate who I've become I shout at people for no reason, even I don't no why I'm angry.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:16 am

User avatar Hello,
You do sound depressed and it is very important for you to be open about this with someone. You can talk to a therapist if you are not ready for a doctor but medication might help a lot so the sooner you seek this kind of help the sooner you can find the solution and treatment that allows you to be happy and like yourself again. Depression is real; it is chemical imbalance, just like other conditions that require medications to repair. Try to give yourself permission to need help in this way and to accept the treatments that are available to make you healthy again.

Please call for a therapist, psychiatrist, or family doctor right away and please let us know how it goes.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here