Question: Thinking Problem

nynewyork - Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:15 pm

I know that you will tell me to see a psychiatrist which I will if I have to but I'd like to know if you have encountered someone with my type of problem.

My problems stems from a violent childhood which basically damaged my sense of self and made me create my "own world mentally". Cause there was always something wrong,something bad or whatever else and I couldn't do anything about it, I became a person who lived in a world where I can always think about my problems,control them and be angry at them. With that I was also an extremely insecure person due to my loss of sense of self. I thought negatively,angry,about problems and was so insecure that I basically created a life based on those issues so I would not be harmed. I used my mom for protection or decisions and didn't do much besides that. I was able to enjoy myself within my "life" because that is who I thought I was. When I became an adult and started to "move on" suddenly I got anxiety. Obviously I could see why I got it. But then any issue where I had to have some sort of self strength became a problem. Speaking in front of people,Dr. visits etc. I also had a problem with relationships. I would mentally get really angry at the girl for certain reasons til I left them. I never phyisically abused anyone but it was like my mind was trained to hate relationships like I hated my parents one and I didn't want to be fooled. The bottom line now is that through psychotherapy I have realized all of these issues and have come really far, however I feel that ever since leaving my "insecure life" my issues have gotten worse because I do things "on my own" and I am going against the grain 24/7. I trained my mind to think negative,be insecure,be angry,control my fears and be scared to protect myself. I have one of those thought running through my mind mostly all day and it's that that is keeping me from enjoying myself and doing other better things. I'd like to know if there is something to do or take to straighten out the warped way of thinking and feeling that I created from reacting to early childhood violence. Than You
 Tim W Latsko - Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:39 am

Clearly you have considerable insight and are motivate to continue treatment; in reviewing your post it seems like you have answered your question; which was to see a psychiatrist for pharmological treatment and may I recommend continue with your psychotherapy. r/tim keep us posted.

|