News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: repeating the same sentences again and again

crisscross - Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:23 am

i think i suffer from palilalia and/or schizophrenia.i repeat the same sentences again and again involuntarily.I don't get hallucinations as such.but when i am provoked by some incident i repeat the same sentences again and again and get anxious.I become restless and one day I even felt some loosening of nerves in my head and get tired easily.I can't concentrate for long hours and so cannot go to work.What is the remedy or treatment for this?The drugs given to me for schizophrenai was olazapine which caused diabetes and premature ovarian failure.what is to be done now?
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:03 pm

Hello Crisscross,

You did not mention how long you have been having your symptoms. While late onset schizophrenia does happen, it is not common. The symptom you describe may also be due to an obsessive-compulsive disorder, which can also be an expression of intense anxiety. Your question indicates that you have sought treatment which has not been very effective. You were right on target to seek mental health evaluation and treatment. Please discuss in detail the issues you describe with your mental health professional, and if that person is not a psychiatrist, ask for a referral to see one. You may also consider getting a second opinion regarding your current diagnosis of schizophrenia to be sure you are receiving the most appropriate treatment. You did a clear, coherent description of your problem, which indicates that your treatment is effective, and may just need tweaking with a different medication and/or focus of treatment. Good luck to you, and don't hesitate to contact us again if needed.

Faye, RN
 crisscross - Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:48 am

thanks a lot Doctor.The symptoms are severe for the past 5 years.Earlier they showed a bit at age 15-20 years but were severe in the last 5 years.I was constantly muttering irrelevant senteneces again and again.One day there was a sudden reaction sort of in my brain.I felt as if my nerves/blood vessels have loosened up and then I started feeling tired very often.If i worked for more than 1 hour I felt tired.I do not feel proper in the mind and feel as the mind is extremely tired.immediate fatigue.
The psychiatricst said i suffer from paranoid schizophrenia and gave me Nexipride thrice daily.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here