Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Wellbutrin and sleep

Ocker - Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:39 am

Three weeks ago I was prescribed Wellbutrin XL 150 for anxiety disorder.
I started taking it every other day for the first week and now I am taking it daily.

I take it in the morning but for the last week I find myself waking up at 3:15 am.

As there are no other medications I take nor any other changes to my lifestyle,

Would my sleep improve if I change the time I took the Wellbutrin XL 150 to the evening rather than the morning?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:19 pm

Changing the time of day for this medication would be the first-line effort to try. Chances are this will help but you will still need to give it a couple of weeks to see for sure. Of course it could also be coincidental but sleep disturbance, especially in the early weeks of these medications, is common. Many people find if they just hang in there a few weeks the side effects disappear.

|