Question: Forgetting simple things

davidrjohnston - Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:35 am

My mother has suddenly started to forget things - things she has always been able to do. She forgot for instance how to switch her car lights off. She seems more subdued at the moment and keeps saying I know there is something I need to pay, but cant seem to remember what it is. Even if I give her triggers to remembering what it is she cannot remember.

Just before this happened, she was stressed because our family were going away for 2 weeks as she did not feel she could join us because the journey would be too much for her. She was then on her own for this period of time.

I am hoping this is a temporary problem caused by stress, but I am really worried that it is something more serious.

What advice do you have.

Thanks.
 Tim W Latsko - Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Based on your presentation a visit with her primary care physcian is in order to verify that she is in good physical health given her age. Depending on her age this may be part of the aging process, which would then suggest some other disorders. the best course of action at this point is to have examed by a physician. good luck /Tim

|