News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Rapid Eye Movement When Awake?!

mhbrasse - Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:03 pm

What does rapid eye movement when awake mean? Usually Rapid Eye movement or REM is associated with the period of time when a person dreams. My eyes seem to be darting back and forth very rapidly, I have a fever, chills, headache that is killing me and feels like a major migraine and I'm so so tired. Also, I'm having trouble breathing some and my chest is hurting. I also have asthma and bipolar disorder, which is why I'm posting this in the psychiatry forum- the bipolar. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, I'll probably just ask then. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or had ever experieced the same thing.
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:17 pm

The rapid eye movement while awake, uncontrollable usually side to side is called nystigmus. It can have may causes. Some neurological conditions, vitamin deficiency (which in your case may be very likely) can cause this. You should tell your Doctor of the problem your having so you can be evaluated properly.
Please let us know how the visit went.
peace,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here