News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: i feel paranoid

se7en - Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:36 pm

i have a history of clinical depression but lately i have been feeling generally very paranoid. Eventhough i have alot of insight into my paranoia i still cant stop the feeling. If i am sitting in the classroom i hear somthing random i think its about me then i suddenly start feeling low. I am with friends wen they smile to eachother i think they might be laughing behind my back . Its really interefering with my life. When i am less stressed it calms down but when i have work to do it gets worse. I would like a doctor to tell me what is my condition called. I look for information about paranoia and i don't have the persecutory stuff its just that people laugh behind my back and pass remarks in front me.
 Tim W Latsko - Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:42 pm

se7en,

What you are referring to is 'Ideas of reference'; this is further defined as a symptom complex in which, through the mechanism of projection, an individual incorrectly believes himself or herself to be the direct object of casual remarks or incidents or of external events.

It appears that you will benefit from an in-person clinical interview by a psychiatrist; following which he/she may suggest individual or group therapy.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Tim

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here