Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: 6 days on effexor, should I stop now?

Gerk - Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:16 pm

I've been taking Ireven for 6 days now, and from reading all the negative posts about the withdrawels etc, I was wondering should I stop right now, seen as though I am on them less than a week.

I was on Lexapro 5mg for about 2 years, forgot to take them one day and then just decided to stay off them. That was grand for about 2 weeks til I started to feel serious dissociation and some stomach cramps.

Went to doc, and told him about my feelings while also stating that I didn't think the Lexapro had done too much for me. I had upped the Lexapro to 10 for three months at one stage but I just don't want to be on these drugs.

I feel I would benefit more from therapy, and having been on and off meds for 8 years or so I have never gone to a pyschotherapist.

So what I want to do is get off the drugs and start seeing a therapist.

Should I stop the exxefor and go back on the Lexapro for a couple of months and then wean off them????
 undeniable.dilemma - Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:14 pm

I loved Effexor it really helped me like not like any of my other drugs. (But it's true about missing a dose, don't do it!The withdrawals aren't nice) If you come off it really really slow by opening the pill up and pouring a little out I found that the withdrawals don't happen.

|