Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: avanza withdrawl

infinity - Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:32 pm

avanza withdrawl is robbing me of sleep and a normal life. how long can i expect this to go on i stopped taking it 12 weeks ago please give me some advice/help.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Fri May 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Hello, Infinity -

Avanza is a medication that can both treat anxiety/depression, or contribute to it. I suspect that the medication was not the most effective for you, though you did not say why it was discontinued. Your level of distress needs to be evaluated again by your doctor or psychiatrist, with a different medication to help you manage your symptoms. What you are going through is not something that is expected after this length of time. I urge you to see your doctor as soon as you can, so that your mood does not deteriorate and your anxiety does not keep getting worse.

Good luck to you.

|