Question: Is it OK to mix Ritalin and an antipsychotic together?

srulikg - Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:22 am

I asked my psychiatrist if I can take Ritalin along with my Invega and he said no because Ritalin has an opposite mechanism to that of Invega and it will diminish its antipsychotic effect.
However, I searched online for this interaction and I found that many people are taking Ritalin with an antipsychotic and they're fine and also nothing dangerous happened to them.
So I came here to ask the experts if can I mix these types of drugs together hoping I'll get a definitive answer.
 Tim W Latsko - Sun May 10, 2009 8:18 pm

srulikg,

In your post you state that you asked your psychiatrist the subject question. Your psychiatrist knows you and your medical history best and is your best source for medical expertise coupled with your input and desires. Therefore, I am recommending that you take the information you posted here and request he reconsider or explain his recommendation to you in greater detail.

Good luck...

Tim

|