Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Joint pain after 4 days on Lamictal?

littlemomma79 - Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:50 pm

I woke up this morning with what felt like a charlie horse on the left side of my buttocks. It has since spread to my left hip and pelvis. It is aching. I had to take aleve. I have taken 25mg for the last 4 days only. It's almost painful to walk.

Is this an allergic reaction? Do I take it again tonight and call my dr tomorrow? Do I discontinue use altogether?

Thank you!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue May 05, 2009 7:24 pm

Whenever you have serious side effects after starting a new medication you should report it to your prescribing physician. This is not a common side effect, but could be a serious one so you need to get advice about continuing or discontinuing it from the doctor who may need to examine you to see if it is the drug or simply a coincidental occurrence.

|