News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Adderall depressive crash normal or sign of another problem?

kettybeach - Mon May 18, 2009 11:07 pm

I have been on Adderall IR 30mg for a few months now. While I am on it I feel good and have no complaints about it. My mood improves,I feel motivated, focused, and more positive. However, when the pill is wearing off I feel horrible. I feel very depressed and I dread the night time because I know I will be experiencing a depressive crash. Is this a sign of an underlying mental illness, or is this what Adderall does to most people?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:15 pm

User avatar Hello,
This would not be considered a normal response to Adderall. It is very possible you could have some depression along with the ADD and perhaps your doctor needs to add an antidepressant to the regime. Many people have these two disorders together and often are treated for both simultaneously. I would talk to your doctor about it.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here