Question: suicidal/self harm/eating - but can't tell a doctor

*jan* - Mon May 25, 2009 4:25 am

I wish i could speak to someone about how i feel, but my doctor is a work doctor, at my work clinic - this is why i have come on here.
I have been on antidepressants for a long time - which i am not proud of. They help, but i still feel horrible. I have thoughts of suicide and i sometimes cut myself (i have never told anyone about these). I have problems with intimacy - which is a constant worry as i am married. I also probably don't eat properly, but i have a fear of getting big and looking like a woman - i don't know if that will make sense? I never have a meal.
I don't really know what i am trying to ask. Just looking for somewhere to express myself i guess. Thank you for reading.
jan
 simonne westort LPN - Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:33 pm

you have expressed your feelings in words. Doing this is helpful in getting things off your mind. If you are concerned about seeing your doctor, and it is due to feeling uncomfortable, this is not healthy for you to avoid getting the treatment that you really need. Is it possible for you to seek help elsewhere? you may benefit from this.
Don't be ashamed that you have to take antidepressants. You don't have the control of how much serotonin your brain is producing. Anti-depressants also will make it hard to be in an intimate relationship, due to it decreasing your sex drive. And it sounds like you have other issues that are stressing you. cutting, feeling suicidal and your not eating normal. These issues can be serious, and i do hope that you will feel comfortable enough to get the help that you need.
Take care of yourself, and try to do the right thing to get better.
simonne

|