Question: Abilify as opposed to the other antipsychotics

srulikg - Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 am

In my country Abilify is not available, that's why I'm asking for advice here.
Excuse my English.
I have a problem with low dopamine levels after my pdoc and I figured it out after many sessions and many drugs.

Now, I need to take an antipsychotic and tried many kinds.
As opposed to the other atypical antipsychtics, I read that abilify doesn't block the dopamine, but balances it out, whether there's too much dopamine or too little.
So Abilify actually holds two solutions in one drug.
It will raise my low dopamine levels to a correct level and both act as an antipsychotic. The pefect solution to my problem.
So I was considering of importing this from another country.
But I wanted to consult your expertize advice. Will Abilify correct my low dopamine levels and both act as an antipsychotic?
 Debra Van Ness RN - Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:38 pm

I would say that it might be possible. Don't quote me on it. However, it makes sense. The drug is an antipsychotic which works on dopamine also. I know that here in the states the drug is working for many people for different things such as even bipolar and an adjunct to depression drugs.
Debra Van Ness RN

|