Question: how can i change psychiatrist?

Shafiq - Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:50 pm

I am 26 years old from london on 45mg mirtazapine. I recently had some immigration problem so my solicitor asked this psychiatrist i was seeing to write a report on my condition. I have been suffering from alot of problems i have spoken about them in my previous posts. I have been on pills for 5 years now. This psychiatrist wrote in my report that I havent got any depressive illness and I am using the system to resolve my immigration. I am currently going through alot of anxiety and dunno who to turn to. The very person who i thought would help me reduce anxiety has given me the hardest time of my life . His opinions are all based on lies,assumptions and very personal. Is there anyway i can c another person or where can i go to resolve this problem or get advice.
thanx
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:58 pm

Hello, Shafiq,

I apologize for the tardiness of this reply to your post. I hope your issue has been resolved, but I'll give some information in hope that it could be useful to you and to others who read your post.

It's hard to remember that physicians are just like us, with their own judgments and biases, and some are more skilled than others. It could be that you and the psychiatrist simply were not a good match for working together. Your solicitor may be able to help you find a different psychiatrist to get a second opinion. Do you have your past medical records? If not, it could be very helpful to you in pursuing further treatment, as well as to establish the history of your illness. Signing a release of information is usually all that will be required, although some doctors require a fee for the cost of making copies. It can also be very helpful to have an evaluation by a psychologist, as that information can be useful to the psychiatrist in making a diagnosis.

Good luck to you.

|