News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: what kind of bad side effects does abilify & welbutrin have?

dhan127@gmail.com - Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:51 pm

when I was 12 or 13, I was put on abilify for about 4 months and then welbutrin for another month or so

I am now 16(almost 17) and i havent taken either since

I do not believe that I needed abilify and welbutrin back then, but my parents made me

some side effects I was concerned about regarding these 2 medicines are:

1. stunted puberty/penis growth or something
2. since it goes to the brain, that it made me dumber or somehow intellectually inferior to people who have not taken this medicine
3. poor motor skills
4. impaired judgment
5. it could be one cause to my constant lassitude

can someone please clear this up for me, whether or not these medicine are to blame and anything possible counter-measures?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:28 pm

User avatar Hello,
I have not seen any indication of such long-term effects from these medications. Particularly since you took them for such a short time. Whatever problems you are experiencing should be checked out but I do not believe they are related to the medication use.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here