News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Obsessed with Death and hearing voices

sariputta - Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm obsessed with death since linking to Buddhism. I haven't been good in the brain, went to Biorgonomy and they said I wasn't producing a chemical in the body and it was affecting the brain. They put it right. But I'm still obsessed with death, and my thinking is not in the brain, it's below the brain coming from the middle bottom of the brain and going to the front bottom of the brain and it's always touching the death thought and I don't think about anything else. I'm taking Zpyprexa but ther brain is airy now it's not solid, and this thinking is still going on. Help
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Hello, sariputta,

I'm sorry that this response is so late. I'll respond anyway, in the hope that it may be helpful to you or to others.

What you describe about your thinking is very much related to your diagnosis of psychosis. It is very important that you talk with your psychiatrist or therapist about what is bothering you, and how you are thinking about it. Sometimes a different medication dosage or a different medication can help, but your psychiatrist is the best person to help you make that decision. If you haven't told your psychiatrist or therapist about your thinking, please tell them at your next appointment. I'm very glad for you that your medications are helping. Good luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here