Question: I Get Angry When I Hear Little Noises

symonds87 - Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:05 pm

This is no joke, whenever i hear little annoying noises like for example, biting of the nail,drinking a drink,hearing someone eat.now to anyone this would proberly bother them but for me its like i can hear the noise ten times louder then any1 else and it drives me to the point of wanting to smash something up in a rage of anger. i do smoke canabis and have done for about 2years now but ive noticed this since long before from when i was 11 i remember my mums boyfriend drinking some water whilst waiting for my mother to get ready.there was no noise around us whilst he was drinking so it made it even worse for me and in a rage a slapped the glass from his hands and shouted to him to shut up! since then im now 22 and a lot bigger and starting to get very worried by my outbursts as its getting uncontrolable.every noise seems like it goes over and over again even if its stopped.my girlfriend was just a minute ago filing her nails and it drove me that mad i punched my bedroom door and stormed downstairs to chill out?!?!?!?!???????

can anyone tell me whats wrong?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:18 pm

You could have a sensory sensitivity problem mixed with anxiety disorder or some other condition. It would be wise to have a psychiatric workup. Medications that work on the brains neurotransmitters might help reduce the effect. In addition you might benefit from some kind of anger management course or stress relief to help you cope with the exaggerated reaction and to reduce risk to yourself and those around you. Behavior modification and cognitive therapy can be invaluable.

Good luck and congratulations on recognizing this potential area of relationship difficulty before it gets worse.

|