Question: stress and the immune system

FearfuL - Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:54 pm

Hi there.

Does anyone know if a month (or two, tops) of stress can affect the immune system? I've been told that chronic stress can and that could make one more susceptible to disease. But one or two months is not chronic, is it?

I always thought chronic stress was lasting months to years and you could 'feel' it taking a toll on your body.

What about a month or two of stress though? I've been stressed out in my mind, but don't feel worse for wear. Maybe the random headache. Can stress affect your immune system and you don't know it?

Can anyone help?
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:54 pm

Yes, chronic or continuous stress can weaken the immune system. There is no specific time allotment for "chronic". You may also question your physician if your weak immune system could be causing your stress. The two of you can narrow down which came first, the stress or the ills.

Good luck!
 lilamae0204 - Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:54 pm

[quote="FearfuL"]Hi there.

Can anyone help?[/quote
hi;
i am here to tell you.. stress can affect the immune system . i was sick with menningititis and my immune system was bottomed out. i was told not to even go ina store. i was so weak ,. and stress is as we all know the #1 killer of all of us. I have had so much stress in my life until i have gotten cold. I don't wish that on anyone. I am to the point i could care less if the sun comes up in the am. BUt, i am not here to depress you anymore. just know stress can bottom your immune system out fast and you can become susceptible to any infection. if it is only a week of stress it can tear your body down faster than you realize. So, hold your head up high and let the world kiss where the sun don't shine :wink:
I am serious get yourself together before you really get physically sick . and trust me that is no fun. i have been in both situations.
take care and say a prayer ther eis somone who cares up there..
no, i am only joking but don't let stree get you down. i am shine.!! :lol: :D :D

|