Question: Anxiety & Facial numbness

mommyto2miracles - Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:47 pm

I have been having anxiety for almost 2 months now. I now have a new symptom that I havent had before. I sometimes get this numbness in my face in my forehead and my cheeks. Is this normal? Or something I really need to worry about. I know that this is a symptom of anxiety. I am only on zantac right now for acid reflux.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Hello, mommyto2miracles,

Since your anxiety symptoms are not improving, it's time for you to discuss your symptoms with your physician. He or she needs to evaluate the numbness in your face from a physical standpoint before attributing it to anxiety. I encourage you to also see psychological treatment, which can help you identify the source of your anxiety, as well as provide treatment for it. Your local public mental health agency would have appropriate services available, and the cost is generally based on your ability to pay, plus they would accept insurance that you might have. It's best to pursue treatment early, before the symptoms become entrenched. Medication can be very helpful, and a reduction in your anxiety may also reduce the level of gastric distress that you are experiencing.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.

|