News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Aropax Question

tanmanEXE - Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:34 pm

I'm 16 and my psychiatrist prescribed me with Aropax and Zyprexa because I have social anxiety disorder.

Since Aropax takes around three weeks to come into effect, it is the same time where I will not have any social interaction since I will be on a school break.

I haven't started taking it but should I start taking it anyway?
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Hello, tanmanEXE,

Yes, you should start taking the prescribed medications right away, unless your doctor specifically told you to wait. Since it does take some time for Aropax and Zyprexa to become effective, your first few weeks back at school will be much easier if you establish effective blood levels now. Once you have started taking your medications, don't skip doses or alter the way you take them without first consulting your doctor.

Good luck to you!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here