Question: am i going mental

worried help - Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Hello im 23 years old and im scared im going mental...I got diagnosed with postnatal derpression in 2007 4 month after having my little girl 6 weeks in i took myself off them ended up gettin worse so got put on stronger stuff then in 2008 i got diagnosed with panic disorder totally taking over my life!!Im now not taking anything as i feared i was getting worse but now i think im going mental i keep having horrible thoughts about harming my daugther in many ways what if i have? what if im going to?even tho i no really im not its not just daughter my pet or anybody really im not sleeping on a night im always crying and trying to get all this stuff out my mind im also getting my attacks maybe 7 times or more a day feel dizzy sick all time headaches on a night before i attempt to go sleep i have to check everythings switched off doors are locked and sometimes have to go down again just incase i didnt do it when i leave home i could lock the door and if no one has seen me do it i have to go back and check im firgthend if water can get into my plugs n maybe set fire to the house this only happened the other day because when it was raining i was chargrin my fone n my charger popped n smelt of burning plasti c so in my mind this was what could happen? i feel like i have no time for my daughter and i just cant be botherd doing things with her and i really don't want to feel this way as i do love her and it breaks my heart to think that this is effecting how i am with her im a single parent aswell and finding it hard..am i going mad what are these sick thoughts in my head im having and why i hate myself whats going on ? please help !
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Hello, worried help,

I am very concerned for your level of stress. Please see your doctor at once, and take a copy of your letter to us with you. Ask for an immediate referral to your local mental health agency for evaluation and treatment of your very serious symptoms. You need assistance, and that is what they are there for. Their services are generally based on your ability to pay, but in any case, this is not something that you can ignore and hope it will improve. Your own safety as well as that of your child are at issue. If you have a support system of relatives and/or friends, call upon them now for help. There is effective help out there for you. Please, please take the first step and see your doctor right away.

Good luck to you.

|