Question: Being irritatable.

Lightfire - Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:15 am

My friend are suffering being irritable all the day. He is looks like, when he mind something, for example, "I and my friends will die if I will not go back to the place that I've been before." Well, I really sad for my friend. He is so irritable when he will not do what his brain said. I think, his mind is controlling himself than him. Well, I want to help him but I can't because I never encounter and experience that situation. Well, he is always sleeping and using computer as well as sleeping at midnight (for example, 2:00 o'clock and for the last two months before the class will start, he is sleeping in about 4 o'clock and 5:00 o'clock). He also suffered some traumatic experience from his father. Well, my friend is genius, not exactly genius but yes, he can understand his lessons quickly. Well, he is not good in English. He really don't understand fully reading those stories from his school book (English). Well, please help him.

Again, he is not going to his house in most time. He always stay in home. Also, he is online eating then sleep, then eat again an snacks, watch television, then computer in around 4 hours and sometimes, he is playing in around 5 hours. Yes, it is in midnight. Starting at around 9:00 o'clock or 10:00 o'clock. He is also waking up in about 10:00 o'clock to 12:00 o'clock in the morning.

Well, please help him and thank you in advanced.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Hello, Lightfire,

You are very nice to try to help your friend. You can ask him to see his doctor and ask that he tell the doctor about his fears, worries, poor sleep, and any other problem he is having. If there is a mental health agency in his area, it might help him to ask for treatment there. If the college has a counseling office, he could go there and ask for help. He has to be the one to ask for help. You can only help him by asking him to do it. You are a good friend to him, to be so concerned.

Good luck to you both.

|