Question: Trerribly lost ,don't know wat to do

samurai_777 - Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:14 am

Hello Dr ,i was very good in my studies during my school days i use to top .slowly istarted lagging behind in my studies .... 8th sem results of my engineering are out & i have flunked in 2 & i have a & 7sem paper which i was absent & should write it again ,i have also lost a year in my engineering after which i lost my confidence ....i don't know wat to do , whom to approach , wat to do in my life ,i m feeling totaly lost , i feel like i should end my life but i know tat ll be my biggest defeat...please help me ...i live in hubli city(india) i need to talk to some1 about it, my parents cant guide me well just they can do is yell at me & be tensed about it......Thank you
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Hello, samurai_777,

The level of your distress is very serious. I do not know what the local resources are in your area, so I'll try to give several suggestions. Since you are in college, there likely is a counseling office or department. If so, please make an appointment and ask for help in deciding what to do next. If there is no such resource at your college, discuss it with a trusted teacher, or the dean. If there is a public mental health agency, please make an appointment there and explain that it is urgent as you have contemplated ending your life. See your regular physician, and discuss it with him or her. Do any or all of these things, as soon as you can. In the meantime, please remember: there is help for you somewhere, and one of these people will be able to direct you to it. You are a valuable person, and I want you to live. Take it one step at a time, one day at a time.

Good luck to you.

|