Question: Repeating things again and again

mrdudetech - Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:56 am

I have a repetition problem for past 2 years. Means i am seeing the watch time again and again, seeing and reading the name like samsung in TV...etc...and i am interconnecting things. I roll my eyes and see it again.Some times i know that my mobile is nokia, but i will see it again,excite my self and see it again. I was not able to control it and i was extremely depressed and stresses. I consulted a psychiatrist and im taking "zosert 100g" tablets for past 8 months. I got a little relief and i controlled my repetation seeing time and other things to some extent. But i am not able to fully recover and im still doing things in the same way. I am Telecom engineer working in a reputed company. I am doing these things in front of others too which is making a bad impression on me. But i am not able to solve this.

Actually in my college days i came across much more failures in what ever i do and love failure too, so during my college life of 4 years i was totally in a depressed condition, but i was not doing these repetation in my college days. I am just giving this details because this may also have meade me to this situation.

I am 25 yrs old and at the age of marriage, but i am sacred to get married because of this problem. I don't know how to get rid of this. I need help for getting rid of this problem.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:15 pm

Hello, mrdudetech,

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a type of anxiety disorder. The anxiety consists of unreasonable thoughts and/or fears that are known as "obsessions." The obsessions lead the person to do repetitive behaviors known as "compulsions." The person experiencing OCD may try to stop these behaviors, which increases the person's level of anxiety. Obsessions are generally theme-based, such as a fear of germs that leads to compulsive cleaning and hand washing. The repetitive behaviors lead to performing rituals, and develops into the vicious cycle of OCD. There is effective treatment available, consisting of psychotherapy and medications. The most successful treatment includes both. The most effective psychotherapy is known as cognitive-behavioral therapy. It involves helping the person retrain their thought patterns and routines so that anxiety is reduced and the compulsive behaviors are no longer needed. Medications that have been the most effective are usually anti-depressants, which include sertratine, or Zoloft/zosert, that you are currently taking. Many other antidepressants and psychotropic medications may be successfully used. Trial and error in identifying the most effective medication and establishing the most effective dosage is not unusual. It's important to always inform the physician of all medications that you take, including supplements and over-the-counter (non-prescription) medications. Frequent contact with both doctor and therapist will be needed for the most successful result in treatment. I hope this information is helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck.

|