News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Effexor XR in combination with another Antidepressant?

sleepy - Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:39 am

I have been on Effexor XR for over a year and recently have been bumped from 225mg/D to 300mg. I feel like I am starting the vicious cycle that happened with previous meds, the ever increasing dose for + results. I have been basically pretty pleased with my result in the last year but am worrisome now. Is there another med that can be used in conjunction with Effexor XR for better results. I know that recent events in my life have increased anxiety and stress levels but something has got to be better than how I feel now. Look forward to your response.
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:57 pm

Definitely discuss other options with your physician for treatment. Higher dosing leads to higher rates of side effects and withdrawal symptoms. If your body has developed a tolerance to the Effexor, then you should be slowly tapered off of the Effexor and another route of treatment should be begun.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here