Question: I can't look at sweat.

doctorsX - Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:59 pm

I can't look at someone who is sweating, i have to look away. It makes me sick when i see it, i feel it in my throat and i want to throw up, my stomach feels gross when i see sweat.

I didn't know to put this,this seems the best place,but i don't think its about psychiatric because it has a phyiscal reaction to me.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Hello doctorsX,

Your response to viewing sweat does suggest that you have a phobia, which is an anxiety condition. A physical response to a psychological trigger is quite common. It does fall into the arena of psychology and psychiatry. If a psychologist or psychiatrist evaluates your situation and decides that it is a phobia, which seems very likely, then treatment would probably consist of an antidepressant and/or an anti-anxiety medication, with talk and behavioral therapy. Phobias can worsen and have a negative effect on a person's overall level of functioning. I encourage you to speak with your doctor, or schedule an appointment for psychological evaluation to determine the exact issue so that any necessary treatment can begin and that intensifying of your situation can be avoided.

Good luck to you.

|