News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Stressed out and tired

Jennifer368 - Mon May 02, 2005 10:52 am

I am actually concerened about my b/f
he is 45 and works long hours and works alot
he is actually working 6 days this week and his job is stressing him out to the point that he is hurting all over
every muscle in his body hurts
i told him he needs to go to the doctor and have a checkup and see what the doctor says
was i wrong in that?
plus he smokes and doesn't really eat right or exercise
i worry about him and want him to get well

Please advise in Indiana
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon May 02, 2005 3:12 pm

User avatar It seems that your boyfriend needs to lead a healthier lifestyle. The human body has its limits. Too much stress (both physical and mental) render the body's immunity less effective. This can lead to all sorts of disease.
Please advise him to exercise, even if once a week. You could take long walks together. I am not about to tell you the hazards of smoking which I am sure both of you are aware of.
If his symptoms continue or increase at any stage he should consult a physician.
Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here