News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Paxil or Zoloft?

andr3s - Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:19 pm

Hey,

I'm a 17 year old guy that has currently been off Paxil for 6 months. I took Paxil for about 2 years. The last months have not been as expected. I am feeling very depressed. I suffer from depression, social anxiety, and panic attacks. I am going to start taking medicine again. Now, I don't know if I should continue once again with Paxil or try another medicine such as Zoloft. When I was on Paxil, everything was ok. I felt good. Except for the fact that I almost didnt cry for 2 years. don't know if thats a bad thing.. Anyways, should I give Zoloft a try? Or maybe another medicine? Or just start taking Paxil once again?

Thanks.
 Kim C, RN - Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:32 pm

That's a tough choice to be making on your own! This is something that needs to be discussed with your physician.

Meanwhile, do some research online! Look at the reported side efects, read about other people's experiences. You seemed to do well on the Paxil, but obviously it left you feeling a lack of some sort. Perhaps a trial of Zoloft might be helpful, and then you can compare how each made you feel.

I feel sure that if you bring these concerns to your MD, he/she can discuss this with you and together you can come to the decision that will work best for you.

Good luck... if you wouldn't mind, let me know what you decide and how it works for you!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here