Question: behavioral probs 3.5 yr old

splume - Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:30 pm

Hi my son is 3.5 yrs old... he is 3ft 5 and 48 pounds. He goes to daycare during the day and in the evenings he is with myself or his father or both. He has a 10 yr old sister.
He is a very bright and imaginative child..my opniion and the opinion of his daycare givers. Problem is he is very disruptive at daycare... screaming, yelling, telling teachers no! and purposfully doing things to annoy people.... like singing loudly at nap time when he knows to be quiet. He is very violent as well, he will hit shove or throw things at other students and his sister and me. He has gotten into biting himself when he is angry, and when I see it I try to restrain him from biting himself and tell him he can not hurt himself. I have taken everything from his room until it only had a bed in it and when I asked him how he liked that he replied... yes he liked it. He saw a psychologist for the first time last week, where he was bouncing all over the office , not minding and yelled some.. the dr said he was too young to diagnose, but he was writing down review of adhd... although he is capable of sitting down and doing his classwork, and he enjoys having books read to him... he's got some memorized which he repeated to the psycologist. He told the dr and myself several time in the past and during his appointment that he just wants to be left alone. this was a reason why he smacked a child across the face before, because she looked at him and he just wanted to be left alone.... we are having his blood draw this week to check for any medical problems, and I am to make an appointment with a pediatric neurologist and he is being tested by the early childhood center in August. If anyone has any suggestions on how to help control him, or any ideas why he would be like this please let me know! Thanks...
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:09 am

User avatar If there are is no medical explanation for his behaviour, see a child psychologist.

|