Question: My anxiety is making me feel bad.

obeekbee - Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:19 am

I need help from an online doctor. My anxiety is beginning to make me feel crazy. I am getting to the point where it is hard to function normally anymore. I can't afford to go to the doctor. I need someone to talk to that doesn't know me. I recently got married in july. That was extrememely stressful. My husband is wonderful, and I feel like I cannot be happy enough to be the wife I should be. I get angry very easily over nothing. I get frustrated over nothing and start having a panic attack. Every day when I wake up, I constantly start feeling nervous that the day is about to begin. I chew my nails and have a tremble in my hands that has been there ever since I can remember. I live 800 miles away from my nearest relative and have for a year and a half. I am very close to my family, so the move is something that I still haven't got used to. My hands constantly shake, and have ever since I can remember. My family has a history of anxiety and depression, which is why I hesitate to tell my family because I don't want them to know that I am not psychologically well. I feel so crazy all the time; like I can't control my thoughts or my feelings. I have a tension headache atleast once a day. I recently started a new job, and I get so nervous every day before I go to work that I make myself sick. My stomach is always in knots, I'm always shaking, I sweat like crazy, I have no apetite...I've lost 25 pounds in like 2 months..and I haven't been on a diet. I cannot keep food in me because my stomach is always uncomfortable. I've been on medications in the past...alprazolom or something like that. I quit taking it because I don't have insurance now.It helped to calm me down a lot. I wasn't afraid to go outside my house for once in my life. Please help me. I can't afford a psychiatrist, nor do i really want to go to one because I don't want to be labeled as crazy. Please help me stop shaking and want to be social and be able to have fun again.
Thanks for listening
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:13 pm

User avatar You really need to have at least a basic chem, cbc and thyroid function tests; overactive thyroid can cause extreme anxiety and weight loss.

Once you rule out any physical causes, you need to look at psychological issues. You have been under an enormous amount of stress lately which would definitely cause anxiety for anyone, but you are suffering to the point of losing weight and that really does require treatment.

|