Question: drug abuse, paranoia or just plain evil?

concerned1 - Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:42 am

I have a new sister-in-law which is alienating my brother from his family one by one. This has all happened within the last year. I just happened to be the first this happened to. On the surface my sister-in-law seems very, very nice, almost too nice. She is very talkative and upbeat. It all started when she said my sisters and myself didn't like her. Then she tells my brother her younger sister, which is 19, is telling her i'm saying terrible things about her. She has even gone so far to discredit her sister, she trashed my brother's house and said her sister did it, I would not have known what to believe if my youngest daughter had not been with her sister at the time. Of course, my brother confronts me with the 'she said you said scenario' and then the sister is blamed again. I have not spoken to my brother for over 6 months now and he is never involved in family functions because of her. She has been saying terrible things about my brother(her husband) to my stepmother. My stepmother refuses to repeat any of this, and because of the situation between my brother and me she doesn't believe it's true and is afraid of saying anything to my brother for fear of alienating him, now she is accusing my stepmother of being rude her, which has caused my brother to confront her. Other incidences have happened to other family and friends which was just shrugged off as a misunderstanding, but leaving doubt in my brother's eyes. Last summer she did have a dramatic weight loss and have been told she doesn't sleep much. I've been told she has lost more weight and her face has that sunk in look and has dark circles and bags under her eyes. Something is not right with her and I'm very concerned about my brother and her young children. I could go on and on. Her sister said their uncle is schizophrenic? I don't know whether that's true or not!? Any ideas?
 lilysuzanne - Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:23 pm

It sounds so sad that your family is being torn apart. I was alienated by my family, I was lied to, lied about and conspired against to be treated badly. I put up with it for a long time,and then one day said I had enouh. I wish I would have confronted these people on their lies and behavior when it was happening. Maybe if you do that the next time an incident happens , confront her with evidence she is lying etc. you will understand if she needs help with a mentall illness or drug abuse or is doing it to get attention and enoys playing games. The longer you let it go on the worse it will get and too confusing to sort truth from lies.

|