News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: constant throat clearing

andrew1113 - Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:03 pm

about 1 month ago i noticed that while sitting watching tv, or lying back in my bed that i would have to constantly(several time per minute) swallow phlem. i was wondering if anyone had come across anything similar? could this just be chest congestion or an indication of soemthing more serious.
 andrew1113 - Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:35 pm

not sure if this is related but, when i'm laying down on my side my arms seem to fall asleep really easily.
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:41 am

User avatar Hi!

Do you cough up your phlegm before you swallow it? That could mean the source of your phlegm to be in fact the chest. Phlegm may also come from the sinuses, the cavities within the skull bone of face. Its presence is an indicator of infections.

As for you arms sleeping easily, I think most people would have that when lying down in a particular position which might impinge on the nerves to the hand.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here