Question: Constant Worrying

CandyMandy - Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:50 am

I was hoping to get some advice as to whether or not I had a problem. I worry all the time. I stress myself out about it. It's suaully about my relationship with my boyfriend, friends, work or school. It's as thoughy my mind goes looking for problems to pick at. I have a hard time taking what people tell me as fact. I hunt for double meanings. This also leads to me not trusting those close to me. The logical part of me knows that my fabricated stories are just false but my nerves get to me as though my mind enjoys playing out the senerio. As soon as one of these negative thoughts come into my mind, it's very hard to make them leave. In the end, it may even lead to me acting out. If I get myself good and stressed out I'll break out into tears or into an angry fit. Do I need psychiatric help?
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:40 pm

User avatar DEAR
the symptoms you describe are indicative of generalized anxiety disorder. i highly recoomend that yoiu see you rprimary care physican or to see a psychiatrist, they might want to place you in a low dose of antidepressant/antianxiety medication. once you seek this medical treatment, i am sure your symptoms will improve. anxiety can be very devastating in terms of every day life activities, and your relationship with others.
talk to your doctor, and i am sure soon you will be better
thank you , hope you get well soon

|